About Dr. Gorman
Dr. Eric Gorman is a second generation sports performance Doctor of Chiropractic. He has a passion for optimizing human performance in the aspiring and elite athlete. He grew up watching his father, Dr. Richard Gorman, DC, provide high performance chiropractic care to Olympic and World Champion Gold medalists in Track & Field.
Dr. Gorman is a former NCAA Division I athlete. He played college tennis at the University of Oregon and Wheaton College. At Oregon, he received the “Most Improved Player Award.” As an aspiring athlete, he experienced the benefits of high performance chiropractic care in optimizing performance, accelerating healing, and preventing injury.
In addition to his playing career, Dr. Gorman served as the Head Men’s Tennis Coach at Wheaton College leading them to four straight conference championships and two NCAA Championship appearances. His coaching peers voted him, “Conference Coach of the Year” two of his four seasons at Wheaton.
Dr. Gorman’s Credentials
- Florida & Georgia Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic
- Advanced Muscle Integration Technique (AMIT®) Certified Practitioner
- AMIT® Certification Coordinator – Atlanta
- Authorized AMIT® Instructor
- Member in Good Standing – American Chiropractic Association
Dr. Gorman is committed to sharing how high performance chiropractic care has the power to optimize health and human performance. He is currently serving as the associate producer of a documentary titled “The Aligned Athlete – The Story of How Chiropractic Changed Sports Performance.” This documentary features multiple Olympic and World Champion Track and Field athletes as well as legendary Doctors of Chiropractic who have served the sport of Track and Field. This documentary is scheduled for release in the Fall of 2021.
Dr. Gorman’s Major Event Experience
- 2019 Toyota USATF Outdoor Track & Field Championships – Private Medical
- 2019 Nike Prefontaine Classic – Medical Staff
- 2019 ATP 250 BB&T Tennis Tournament – Private Medical
- 2019 ATP 250 Winston Salem Tennis Tournament – Private Medical
- 2018 Nike Prefontaine Classic – Medical Staff
- 2017 Nike Prefontaine Classic – Medical Staff
- 2016 USA Olympic Trials for Track and Field – Medical Staff
- 2015 USA Track and Field Nationals – Medical Staff
Dr. Gorman’s Professional Athlete Experience
In addition to providing care for the Rowdies and at major Track and Field, and ATP Tennis events, Dr. Gorman has had the privilege of providing care to professional athletes in the NFL, XFL, NBA, WNBA, MLB, MLS, NHL, ATP, WTA, AVP, and the World Boxing Association. He has also provided care to a Heisman Trophy Winner and multiple Super Bowl Champions.